A Kordes rose released in 1970 Tatjana is a rose that has stood the test of time and is still very popular.
Large deep red flowers that have good fragrance and also make good cut flowers. Flowering from mid spring right through until autumn this is a hardy rose, vigorous growth habit and with good disease resistance.
Pick the flower for a vase when the buds are just about to open and they will open in the vase lasting for many days.
You could plant Tatjana in a rose garden, in a container, or use it mass planted as a border. It will produce masses of flowers and fill the garden with fragrance on a warm day.
Good mid to deep green foliage on an upright bushy plant and an easy to prune nature make this a winner.
Care and Planting your Tatjana rose
Best grown in a position in full sun or at least 6 hours of good sun a day and a well drained soil, water your new plant well the day before planting and you are ready to plant.
- Weed the area well and dig the soil over.
- Dig in some well rotted compost and aged cow manure.
- Prepare a planting hole the same depth that the rose was in the container.
- Gently remove the plant from the container.
- Place in the planting hole and backfill.
- Water in well with a liquid seaweed fertiliser.
- Lightly mulch around the plant.
- Water deeply as the soil dries over the first spring and summer.
We suggest using a general purpose rose food such as Sudden Impact for roses with an application every 8 weeks from early spring through summer. Regular seaweed fertiliser application will also help keep you Tatjana Rose Bush flowering freely.
Tatjana Roses are available for sale online from the following participating nurseries
Bare rooted and potted. Old World, David Austin, Bush & Standard Roses. Over 400 varieties available by Mail Order.
400 Galston Road, Galston NSW 2159
Huge range of potted roses available all year - weeping, standards, climbing, groundcover, bush, David Austin, Smooth Touch, Old World, New Releases. Rose Garden Design Service.