Brass Band a Floribunda Hybrid Rose
With apricot coloured flowers in clusters, Brass Band is a Floribunda type rose, repeat flowering and vigourous.
The flowers are cupped and the petals have a brassy yellow reverse and do have a nice fragrance.
Reaching around 1 – 1.4 metres in height this is a rose with a naturally bushy habit.
Bred by Jack Christensen in the 1990s it is regarded by many to among the best floribunda types. The flowers last well as cut flowers and it is suited to mass planting.
With the strong reverse colour on the petals this also makes a good feature rose.
The easiest way to buy the Brass Band Rose is as a bare rooted plant during winter.
Disease resistance is good, pruning is easy.
- Best planted in winter to spring as a bare rooted plant.
- Dig the whole twice the with of the root ball.
- Add some well rotted compost and cow manure to the soil and mix in well.
- Plant the rose at the same height as indicated on the plant.
- Water in well well with a liquid seaweed fertiliser.
- Mulch around the plant to maintain a cool moist root run.
- Water during dry spell through the first summer.
Roses for sale online (rose nurseries and plants Australia wide)
Australia's leading rose supplier. Large range of all types, including new releases. Bare-root plants by mail order Australia wide, June - August. Visit our informative website. 100 page colour catalogue available.
Bare rooted and potted. Old World, David Austin, Bush & Standard Roses. Over 400 varieties available by Mail Order.
400 Galston Road, Galston NSW 2159
Huge range of potted roses available all year - weeping, standards, climbing, groundcover, bush, David Austin, Smooth Touch, Old World, New Releases. Rose Garden Design Service.
470 Monbulk-Silvan Road Monbulk VIC 3793
"Guaranteed mail order flowering bulbs, perennials, roses, trees, landscaping plants, garden accessories and community fundraising Austra lia-wide."