A classic ivory lemon to pale yellow rose, Elina is a hybrid tea rose and was first released in 1984 and has been a favourite ever since.
How good is it ? It is seen as one of the best cream to yellow flowering roses in the world, so thats pretty good. It is disease resistant , has good foliage, repeat flowers and will produce good numbers of flowers with each flush.
This is a tall growing rose to around 1.5 metres, the flowers appear on tall strong stems, so its great for cut flowers as well.
You could plant Elina in a cutting rose garden, where it will provide you with an abundance of flowers. Grow it in a container, or use it as a feature in the border.
Care and Planting your Elina rose
Best grown in a position in full sun or at least 6 hours of good sun a day and a well drained soil, water your new plant well the day before planting and you are ready to plant.
- Weed the area well and dig the soil over.
- Dig in some well rotted compost and aged cow manure.
- Prepare a planting hole the same depth that the rose was in the container.
- Gently remove the plant from the container.
- Place in the planting hole and backfill.
- Water in well with a liquid seaweed fertiliser.
- Lightly mulch around the plant.
- Water deeply as the soil dries over the first spring and summer.
- Pruning, this is a vigorous rose and can be be pruned back to 1m (3ft) in winter to early spring..
We suggest using a general purpose rose food such as Sudden Impact for roses with an application every 8 weeks from early spring through summer. Regular seaweed fertiliser application will also help keep your Elina Rose Bush flowering freely.
Elina Roses are available for sale online from the following participating nurseries
Bare rooted and potted. Old World, David Austin, Bush & Standard Roses. Over 400 varieties available by Mail Order.
Australia's leading rose supplier. Large range of all types, including new releases. Bare-root plants by mail order Australia wide, June - August. Visit our informative website. 100 page colour catalogue available.
400 Galston Road, Galston NSW 2159
Huge range of potted roses available all year - weeping, standards, climbing, groundcover, bush, David Austin, Smooth Touch, Old World, New Releases. Rose Garden Design Service.