Gardening Online has a number of benefits and a few traps as well. We guide you through the the process of finding and how to buy plants online from Australia’s best Online Nurseries including nurseries that service the public in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin and Hobart as well as regional and country Australia.
Cheap plants are a bit of a difficult subject, you will find some growers with cheaper prices than others, and if you buy in bulk then you can really get some better prices at times. However cheap does not always mean qualityso watch for this. You will also find some sales advertised from time to time. So sign up for our newsletter, or visit us each week for some bargains.
Most Online Nurseries work by selling plants during their dormant periods.
If you are looking for a LIST OF PLANTS FOR SALE visit our specialist directory alphabetical listing.
Rose plants are available to purchase by mail order (online) during the winter when they are posted as bare rooted roses. Visit our Rose Pages for a full list of nurseries
Bulbs are readily available online and are posted during the dormant period, spring flowering bulbs are best purchased during late summer – autumn, while autumn flowering bulbs are best purchases in spring. Our general garden bulbs section list major retailers
Perennial plants are also available through catalogues online during the dormant season, usually winter. Full list of Perennial Plant Nurseries
A guide to buying plants online in Australia
Seeds are also available to purchase online throughout the year, this includes vegetable seeds, flower seeds and others.
When looking to buy plants online
- Consider always buying plants from reputable nurseries, we are fortunate in Australia that the vast majority of Online Nurseries are efficient and reliable.
- Look for plants that are being sold during the dormant season for best results.
- Ensure that you closely examine plants or bulbs as soon as they arrive. Inform the vendor immediately of any problems with quality, quantity or damage due to poor packaging.
- Plant bulbs, perennials or roses that you buy online immediately, nurseries can not be responsible for plants that you have neglected.
- Look for growing notes to be supplied with the purchase, or to be available on the web site
WHERE TO FIND PLANTS ONLINE
Fruit are can be purchased online during the dormant season, usually winter. Full list of Fruit Tree Types and Nurseries
Vegetable Plants and seedlings can be purchased online at various times of the year Full list of Vegetable Plants
Looking for a FULL LIST OF PLANTS FOR SALE visit our specialist directory alphabetical listing.
What to Look for When Buying Plants Online
- Specialist Growers who actually know about the plants that they are selling, many online nurseries have incredible knowledge ab out plants that they grow.
- Look for web sites with good descriptions of plants and products. a description is a must.
- Free mailing lists from online nurseries are a great way to get the latest catalogue, or subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest catalogue and new plant information delivered for free by email.
- Remember that nurseries of all sizes sell plants online, from small specialist nurseries through to one stop shops, you can compare them all at www.nurseriesonline.com.au
- Look for Quarantine regulations, some online nurseries can send Australia Wide, others has limitations on what they can send especially to WA and Tasmania, but also to QLD and NT
- Cheap Plants and Discounts – a discount for a large order is great, cheap plants ? Why are they selling them cheap ?
- Wholesale Nurseries in general DO NOT sell to the public, they are set up for supplying the landscape industry and retail nurseries and garden centers.
- Most Online Nurseries do not have minimum orders, however postage is often cheaper per plant with a larger order.
- Care Notes or Growing Guide for plants – always useful and probably better information than you will find in a garden forum
- If an Online Nursery does not provide a phone number then you might wonder why.
- Special Offers, often nurseries will offer a collection at cheaper prices, or maybe cheaper prices for bulk plants, they save in postage and packaging and can pass on savings
- Look for quality not price. Yes lots of nurseries will offer ‘cheap plants’ and yes sometimes they are a bargain, however generally speaking you get what you pay for.
- Look for a Guarantee – you are spending your money and do not want an inferior product or damaged plants.
Most Online Plant Nurseries accept Cheques, Pay Pal, Direct Deposit and Credit Cards
- Many Online Plant Nurseries will also sell gift vouchers, great for overseas presents.
Finding plants online has never been easier, at www.nurseriesonline.com.au we bring you the largest range of nurseries where you can find plants. Roses, perennial plants, bulbs, succulents and bare rooted trees are all plants that can easily be purchased online. It is easy to find plants in all states and major cities and across rural Australia from hundreds of specialist nurseries. Plants Online for Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Hobart, Canberra and Darwin. Online plant nurseries allow you to find a huge range of plants in rural areas of New South Wales (NSW), Queensland (QLD), Victoria (VIC), Southern Australia (SA) Western Australia (WA) Tasmania (TAS) and The Northern Territory (NT).