An unusual rose with bright red petals which have a muted apricot reverse, Fiona’s Wish is a rose named after Fiona Coote, Australia’s youngest heart transplant patient, and for her support of the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute. A rose that will reach around 1.5 metres in height.
This is a strong growing hybrid tea rose with very good fragrance. Usually available as a standard as well as a shrub rose.
Care and Planting your Fiona’s Wish rose
Best grown in a position in full sun or at least 6 hours of good sun a day and a well drained soil, water your new plant well the day before planting and you are ready to plant.
- Weed the area well and dig the soil over.
- Dig in some well rotted compost and aged cow manure.
- Prepare a planting hole the same depth that the rose was in the container.
- Gently remove the plant from the container.
- Place in the planting hole and backfill.
- Water in well with a liquid seaweed fertiliser.
- Lightly mulch around the plant.
- Water deeply as the soil dries over the first spring and summer.
We suggest using a general purpose rose food such as Sudden Impact for roses with an application every 8 weeks from early spring through summer. Regular seaweed fertiliser application will also help keep your Fiona’s Wish Bush flowering freely.
Fiona’s Wish Roses are available for sale online from the following participating nurseries
Bare rooted and potted. Old World, David Austin, Bush & Standard Roses. Over 400 varieties available by Mail Order.
Australia's leading rose supplier. Large range of all types, including new releases. Bare-root plants by mail order Australia wide, June - August. Visit our informative website. 100 page colour catalogue available.
400 Galston Road, Galston NSW 2159
Huge range of potted roses available all year - weeping, standards, climbing, groundcover, bush, David Austin, Smooth Touch, Old World, New Releases. Rose Garden Design Service.