Large heart shaped leaves with attractive deep and pale green variegated pattern that makes them a standout Philodendron Birkin is an exceptional indoor plant.
In grow well in strong indirect sunlight, is slow growing and eventually a climbing plant and will tolerate dry soils for short periods. As an easy care low maintenance plant it a great Philodendron variety for the home or office.
This is a relatively new release, the variegation varies from leaf to leaf and growth rate will depend on growing conditions. Over time this neat little plant will reach around 1 metre (3ft) in height.
- Use a high quality potting mix.
- Allow the soil to dry between waterings.
- Liquid fertiliser every 4 weeks from spring through to early winter. Water the soil before fertilising.
- Keep foliage clean by gently washing the leaves with a watering wand, or wiping down with clean water.
- Mist spray during summer to increase humidity.
- Keep away from heating and cooling ducts.
- Position in bright light however not direct sun.
- Repot when the plant begins to outgrow the pot it is in.
- Leaf Curl – Usually caused by cold and dry conditions. Often in winter, however also possible in summer.
- Plant not growing – Usually through a combination of a lack of water and to much light.
- Losing leaves – This can be caused by to much sun and also by overwatering / underwatering. Remember that ALL Philodendrons will naturally lose older leaves.
Available for sale from the following nurseries
Online and Retail Melbourne and Geelong based garden centres. Check out their large range of indoor and outdoor plants, Australian Natives, Fruit Trees and Edibles, Succulents, Gardenias, Camellias, Hydrangeas plus a full range garden products for delivery in Melbourne.