A fast growing climbing plant, Boston Ivy is used to cover walls, sheds, fences and really anything that it come climb on.
Also grown for is wonderful autumn colour this is plant that has stood the test of time along with Virginia Creeper (P. quinquefolia).
- This is a self clinging plant, fast growing, deciduous and easy care. It can also be used as ground cover plant.
- It grows well in full sun to part shade and prefers a well drained soil.
- For best colour, grow this climbing plant where it receives good sun.
- Once established it is regarded as drought tolerant.
- Best not grown on trees as the dense foliage can stunt tree growth and create long term damage.
- Prune back as required with heavy pruning in winter. Regular light pruning will keep the plant in good shape.
The only real problem with the plant is that the self clinging tendrils are very difficult to remove from timber and brickwork. The tendrils do not seem to damage the brickwork except when you try to remove them. English Ivy ( Hedra Helix) on the other hand can cause real problems with brickwork and timber and should be avoided.
Boston Ivy is available for sale from the following nurseries
862 Midland Highway Mount Rowan Vic 3352
We offer over 245 varieties of Fuchsia, tubestock, pots, baskets and standards. Mail order specialists. Open 7 days by appointment.