A slow growing maple from the dissectum group, Acer palmatum ‘Demi Sec’ has a semi upright habit and will form a rounded shape over time.
This is a maple that will around 2 metres in height. The foliage is finely dissected, a mid green colour with touches of orange through spring, and then fully mid green in summer. In autumn‘Demi Sec’ puts on a display with strong orange to gold tones, as these autumn tones take over it adds some brilliant colour to the garden.
Acer palmatum ‘Demi Sec’ Landscaping Uses
Being small growing, Acer palmatum ‘Demi Sec’ is well suited to growing in containers and makes an excellent choice for a small courtyard.
Also suited to growing as a small feature tree in the garden, or for use in smaller garden beds where its small size makes it versatile.
Care and Growing conditions
- Best grown in a humus rich and well drained soil.
- In warmer climates, a position with protection from the hot afternoon sun is desirable.
- Newley planted specimens are best staked until a good root system develops.
- Amend the soil if need well before planting. In containers us a premium potting mix.
- Water well with a liquid seaweed fertiliser after planting.
- Water regularly through the first few summers.
- Fertilise with a general purpose slow release type fertiliser in spring. More frequent applications may be required when growing in containers.
Acer Palmatum Demi Sec is available for sale from the following nurseries
Mob: 0421 821 307 Fax: 03 9752 0976
Quality grafted Japanese Maples. Largest range in Australia. Supplying Landscapers and Retail Nurseries. Strictly Wholesale. All states except WA.