WHOLESALE Chambeyronia macrocarpa (Red leaf Palm or ‘Flamethrower Palm) NURSERIES
You could grow Chambeyronia macrocarpa ( Red leaf Palm) for the new foliage itself, brilliant red shoots that reach into the air give it the common name of ‘Flamethrower Palm’. It is luckily attractive enough to warrant attention at other times of the year as well.
With a self cleaning habit ( it drops its old fronds) and attractive glossy green and cream mottled trunk Chambeyronia macrocarpai s an attractive addition to gardens from Sydney to Brisbane and further north.
Care and Pruning
- Plant Type -Palm Tree
- Country of origin – New Caledonia
- Common Name – Flame Thrower Palm, Red Leaf Palm
- Growth Rate – Fast once it settles in, slow for first 2 – 3 years.
- Evergreen / Deciduous – Evergreen
- Soil – Humus rich moist and well drained, however it will withstand constant moisture more than many palms trees.
- Position – Light shade to Full sun
- Height – 15 – 20 m
- Width – 4m
- Habit – Upright with long arching fronds
Use it just for the new foliage, or incorporate it into a wider tropical landscape where its attractive growth habit and good glossy foliage are attractive year round.
Varieties / Cultivars
Available from the following Wholesale Nurseries
9910 Pacific Hwy, Woodburn, NSW, 2472
Phone 02 66822988 Mobile 0428 822988 Fax 02 66822339