WHOLESALE PHILODENDRON NURSERIES
One of the all time favourites for an indoor plant is the Philodendron, however this is also a plant that grows well outdoors and with spectacular, bold foliage makes an impact in many landscaping projects.
These are either a clumping plant or a scrambling or climbing vine like plant that has been widely used in offices, shopping centres as well as in many homes for years.
The easy care nature makes it popular and as it is also on the list of plants that ‘clean the air’ it does have other benefits as well.
Foliage differs depending on variety from deeply divided to heart shaped. Most species are frost tender. All will grow well in good filtered light.
Over time Philodendrons develop a soft trunk, this trunk then develops aerial roots in an attempt to support the plant.
This is the time to prune, start by removing any stems you do not want. Next remove as many of the roots as possible . Cut them clean back to the trunk, this will improve the look of the plant greatly.
You can also cut some of the longer stems off if required, they will reshoot from lower down
Popular Varieties include
- Xanadu – Deeply divided green foliage that provides great texture in the garden or in a container. Will reach around 1m in height.
- Selloum – Another with glossy deeply divided foliage.
- Swiss Cheese
- Rojo Congo – Mid to deep green heart shaped foliage on red stems, excellent container plant.
- Red Emerald – New foliage is a bright red turning to an emerald green
- Moonlight – Paler Green Foliage.
- Gloriossum – Very attractive soft green folaige, heart shaped and veined in a creamy white.
- Monstera – Split leafed also known as the Fruit Salad Plant.
Wholesale Philodendron are available for sale from the following nurseries
111 Stanhope Road Theresa Park NSW 2570
Offering a variety of sun hardy Australian natives and exotic trees, shrubs, groundcover's and perennials from semi advanced through to super advanced and semi-mature stock.
14 Gladrose Crescent Wongawallan,QLD 4210
Strappy Leaf Plants, Australian Native Stock, Tropical and Dry Tolerant Plants, Hedging and Ornamentals.