Wholesale Livistona chinensis (Chinese Fan Palm) Nurseries
Livistona chinensis is the Chinese Fan Palm, is a tropical to sub tropical palm tree that grows with a single trunk. Commonly grown in Queensland where its easy care and attractive nature have made it popular with landscapers.
Best grown in full sun, when young it has a bushy habit over time it will form a trunk and will reach to around 10m – 15m in height.
Large glossy fan shaped leaves are the main attraction, a good palm tree to grow in a tropical themed garden. It is both drought and frost tolerant although growth is better in warmer climates.
Livistona chinensis is widely used in warmer climates as a specimen tree in larger gardens. Suited to avenue planting and as a background plant in tropical themed gardens.
With a slow growth rate and very attractive foliage Livistona chinensis is suited to growing in containers for a number of years.
- Height – To 20m
- Spread – To 5m
- Position – Full sun to a little shade.
- Soil – Humus rich well drained – Very light clay and sandy loams.
- Growth Rate – Regarded as slow especially in cooler climates.
- Foliage – Mid to deep green, large fan shaped highly decorative.
- Flowers – Cream in spring to summer.
- Frost tolerant – Once established.
- Drought tolerant – Once established.
TJ’S WHOLESALE PLANTS Cranbourne South, Victoria Phone (03) 97830733
SUNDALE PALMS 9910 Pacific Hwy, Woodburn, NSW, 2472 Phone 02 66822988 Mobile 0428 822988 Fax 02 66822339