Garden Stakes and Pegs
Garden Stakes and Pegs are used widely by wholesale nurseries for supporting trees and shrubs during the growing stages.
Available in bundles as well as in bulk lots, wholesale suppliers carry a range of lengths to suit most nursery and garden applications.
The most commonly used garden stakes are made of bamboo or hardwood timber, metal, plastic and other material are not widely used.
Plastic support stakes for plant and flower labels are used in some potted plants for retail nursery displays.
Why use garden stakes
- Garden stakes are used for a number of reasons.
- To allow a new plant to develop a strong root system without rocking in the wind.
- To train plants to grow with a straight trunk.
- To protect plants from snapping due to heavy foliage or in strong winds. This is particularly true of some grafted plants.
- To protect plants when being transported from wholesalers to point of sale.
How to use Garden Stakes
Although they are used to secure plants, some movement is required.
In production nursery use, plants may be tied or taped directly to a single stake.
For long term use in gardens a three stake system set out in a triangle with flexible ties will allow the plant to move naturally, which will strengthen the plant, while at the same time preventing wind damage.
Garden Stake Materials.
Hardwood and other garden stakes and plant supports are used widely in the Wholesale Nursery industry.
- Hardwood stakes are available in a variety of lengths and thicknesses.
- Plastic stakes are available, however not widely used.
- Metal stakes are not widely used.
- Bamboo stakes are widely used as ‘flower stakes’.
WHOLESALE GARDEN STAKES and PEGS
2/104 Wedgewood Rd Hallam VIC 3803
Propagation equipment, greenhouses, Wetpot Watering System, greenhouse film, shadecloth, fertilizers, Technical Advice, Fertilizer formulations, Leaf & Soil Analysis, Service, & spare parts
98 Monbulk Seville Road Silvan South, Victoria 3795
Root Control Bags, Weed Control Mat, Bamboo Stakes, Flower sticks, Green, House Film and Covers, Shade Cloth, Black Plastic, solar weave, wind guard, water soluble fertilizers.
VANIN GARDEN STAKES and PEGS
Unit 16 No 3-11 Bate Close Pakenham Vic 3810
Ph: 0400133730 Fax 03 59411718
Wholesale manufacture of hardwood timber stakes, tomato stakes and heay duty tree stakes