Carpentaria acuminata (The Carpentaria Palm) Wholesale Nurseries
Carpentaria acuminata is the the Carpentaria Palm, a tall growing palm to 20m depending on conditions. A single trunk makes this an attractive tree well suited to the more tropical areas of Australia where it is a native. Used as an indoor plant as well, as outdoors, this is a slender growing palm tree with a reasonably fast growth rate.
Carpentaria acuminata will also do well in sub tropical areas as well. Planted in groups of 3 -5 the Carpentaria Palm (Carpentaria acuminata) makes a great landscaping feature. The trunk is a grey colour, smooth and clean, the fronds naturally arch gracefully and have a feathery look to them. A green crown shaft is another attractive feature.
Not regarded as drought tolerant, Carpentaria acuminata will require extra water during ling dry periods. Its natural habitat is near waterways where it has access to moisture year round.
Did you know – Carpentaria acuminata is used widely in landscaping projects in Florida.
Carpentaria acuminata – Summary Information
- Height – Will reach a height of between 10 -20m
- Crown – Spread of up to 4m on maturity.
- Growth rate – Regarded as fast in good conditions.
- Not frost tolerant.
- Self cleaning – This is palm tree that drops old frond naturally.
- Flowers – These are white and appear in large clusters, flowers are followed by red fruit.
- Climate – Best in Tropical climates, although adaptable to warmer zones.
- Fertilise with a slow release general purpose fertiliser every second month during the active growing season.
9910 Pacific Hwy, Woodburn, NSW, 2472
Phone 02 66822988 Mobile 0428 822988 Fax 02 66822339