An outstanding foliage plant, Asplenium australasicum ‘Lasagne’ with its glossy deep green foliage can be grown as an indoor plant or in a protected position in the garden.
The fronds will reach around 1.5 metres in length and the plant itself form a neat rosette. With wavy leaf margins, this makes a great feature plant and will grow equally well in containers, in the garden itself of in the fork of, or attached to a tree.
Being an epiphytic plant, if you are growing Asplenium ‘Lasagne’ in the ground, we suggest that you hill up, the soil a little to ensure that drainage is excellent.
Once planted this is a remarkably low maintenance plant. A little liquid fertiliser in spring and early summer should be sufficient. A position in shade, yet with good filtered light is recommended.
- Do not over water as this can cause root problems.
- Prune away old dead foliage as required.
- Botanical Name – Asplenium australasicum ‘Lasagne’
- Common Name – Asplenium ‘Lasagne’, Asplenium Bush Baby.
- Family –
- Origins –
- Height – To around 1.5 metres
- Spread – To around 1.5 metres
- Growth rate – Medium.
- Position – Dappled shade.
- Soil – Moist – well drained
- Flowering Time – N/A
- Flower colour – N/A
- Foliage – Deep green wavy leaf margins.
- Frost tolerant – No.
- Drought tolerant – No.
Asplenium australasicum ‘Lasagne’ is available for sale from the following participating nurseries
1052 Whittlesea-Kinglake Road Kinglake West 3757
Offering a specialist variety of Australian native Ferns plus Dendrobium/Dockrillia & Sarcochilus species & hybrids in pots, loose, or mounted. Species Cymbidium sauve and maddidum.