Thuja orientalis, are another popular Thuja species. Evergreen and great screening plants growing to 3m depending on species and conditions.
Thuja species prefer full sun however will be OK in part shade as well. Thuja orientalis ‘Golden Biota’ is a popular dwarf form. Thuja orientalis aurea nana, Thuja orientalis morgan, Thuja orientalis ‘Blue Cone’, Thuja orientalis ‘Rosedalis’ and the dwarf Thuja orientalis ‘Nana’ are all are popular.
- T. orientalis aurea nana One of the most popular cultivars also known as ‘Golden Biota’. Foliage is a mid to emerald green in winter and a more golden green in summer. Foliage is flattened into vertical sections giving it the name ‘Bookleaf Cypress’. Over time it will reach around 1m in height.
- T. orientalis ‘Blue cone’ is a slow growing upright cultivar with blue green foliage, another ‘Bookleaf’ type. reaching to 5m over time it makes an excellent screening plant. Landscaping uses include adding some vertical accent to formal gardens, a feature plant next to paths an openings or as a hedge.
- T. orientalis ‘Morgan’ has foliage that changes from a near golden color in summer to a deeper gold to bronze in winter in colder climates. Very slow growing and excellent in a rock garden. Reaching a height of around .5m over 10 years this is an excellent low care plant for borders, low hedging or for growing in containers.
- T. orientalis ‘Rosedalis’ is not as formal as some, softer foliage and a golden lime green. turning to a more yellow in spring in colder areas.
- T. orientalis ‘Shirl’s Supreme’ is upright or columnar in habit reaching around 3m over 10 years, further slow growth after this. Tidy neat habit making it an excellent choice for formal landscaping applications.
WHOLESALE THUJA ORIENTALIS NURSERIES
111 Stanhope Road Theresa Park NSW 2570
Offering a variety of sun hardy Australian natives and exotic trees, shrubs, groundcover's and perennials from semi advanced through to super advanced and semi-mature stock.
"Propagation and Production of Native and Exotic Trees
with Natural Root Systems from 2 to 2,000 lts."
55 McDougal Rd Neerim South Victoria 3831 PH: (03) 56281507
Advanced ornamental trees and garden designs and concept plans. Direct to your property combined with specialist knowledge and outstanding service.