Liriope muscari – Wholesale Growers.
One of the more popular landscaping ornamental grasses Liriope muscari is available in a number of forms from wholesale growers.
Used as a ground cover plant, border plant as well as for under planting larger plants in containers perhaps the best known is Liriope muscari ‘Evergreen giant’, also known as the ‘Giant Turf Lily’.
Wholesalers offer a number of varieties suited to different landscaping uses. It can be used as a lawn substitute for no or low traffic areas. Used in this way once established it makes a low maintenance, ornamental lawn.
Liriope Muscari Care
Best used in light shade, Liriope muscari can be planted at around 30cm apart for a ground cover or lawn. Closer for a quicker result or if purchased as tubestock.
- Species – Liriope muscari
- Common Name – Turf Lily
- Growth Habit – Strap leafed ground cover plant
- Growth Rate – Medium to fast
- Soil – Humus rich well drained
- Sun – Full sun to afternoon shade in hotter climates.
- Water – Drought tolerant once established, water well through first summer.
- Landscaping Uses – Ground cover, edging plant, lawn substitute and container plant
- Pruning – Can be pruned back in late winter to tidy up old foliage.
- Propagation – East bu division of older clumps.
- Container growing – Suited to containers
Liriope Muscari Varieties
With many varieties offered by wholesalers these strap leafed grass like plants have a lot to offer landscapers.
- Weeping forms such as Liriope muscari ‘Emerald Cascade’ with fine weeping foliage are suited to growing as a border plant as well as in containers.
- L. Muscari ‘Royal Purple’ with its good mid to deep purple flowers will reach around 40cm and mass planted makes an excellent ground cover plant.
- L. muscari ‘Samantha’ will reach around 40 – 45cm in height, and is pink flowering.
- L. muscari ‘Amethyst reaches around 40cm and has deeper purple flowers than most.
- L. muscari ‘Isabella’ is lower growing to around 25cm in height. Fine foliage and a dense growth habit. Excellent as a ground cover plant.
Liriope muscari is available from the following wholesale growers
Advanced container grown trees & shrubs. Large range of native plants & ornamentals ranging from 14cm to 45 litre. Specialists in indigenous plants and supply for Urban development. Supply & deliver all states.
1870 South Gippsland Hwy Cranbourne Vic 3977 - email:email@example.com
Growers of a wide range of native & exotic trees, shrubs, ground covers and climbers in 14cm pots Promotional & PBR Lines and garden hardy favourites. Supplying all states. www.faceysnursery.com.au
'Justly famous for rare and unusual plants' Don Teese
34 Mt Pleasant Rd Monbulk VIC 3793
17 McCarthy Rd Monbulk, Vic, 3793, Australia
Specialising in propagation and production of over 900 species / varieties of ornamental plants, perennials & rare plants. Supplying nurseries, landscapers & others. Minimum quantities apply! Contact us to discuss plants or growing requirements.
82 David Hill Rd Monbulk (Opposite Vika Ave)
Japanese Maple and Magnolia specialists, Wholesale and Retail. Large range of other deciduous and evergreen ornamental trees and shrubs.
14 Gladrose Crescent Wongawallan,QLD 4210
Strappy Leaf Plants, Australian Native Stock, Tropical and Dry Tolerant Plants, Hedging and Ornamentals.
ANTZ PLANTS NURSERY – Phone 07 3807 3571
67 Alberton Road, Alberton Qld 4207
Specialise in plants for landscape and urban environments : Agapanthus, Gazania, Gardenia, Myoporum, Liriope, Dietes, Westringia.
BUNDAMEER NURSERY – Phone (03) 5977 7799
Mooroduc, Victoria 3933