Carex oshimensis ‘Evergold’ is a variegated form of the species. A Japanese sedge that is widely used in landscaping.
Grown for the bright green and gold foliage that has a natural weeping habit it can be used as a border plant, grown in containers or in the rock garden.
Best grown in full sun to light afternoon shade, but not in deep shade. It also dislikes hot humid conditions so good air flow is important.
How to grow Carex oshimensis ‘Evergold’
You can use this as a feature plant or as a low border plant.
- Best grown in good sun.
- A well drained humus rich soil is suited to good growth.
- Mulch around the plant to maintain a cool root run.
- Fertilise in early spring
This a plant that will reach around 30cm (12 inches) in height and is not only attractive but also low maintenance. More Carex Species
- This is an evergreen sedge and you can simply rake out the old dead foliage as needed.
- It is best to divide the plant rather than cut it back, and this can be done in early spring.