Cordyline australis – Wholesale
Cordyline australis with its mop top head is commonly called the ‘Cabbage Tree’.
Originally from New Zealand it is widely grown throughout Australia and can reach 10 – 15m in height.
It is the cultivars with colourful foliage that have come to the forefront in recent years. Cordyline australis has thinner or finer foliage that other species.
A trunk forming plant, over time it does form a large root system so is best planted away from paths etc when grown in the ground.
Cordyline australis is often grown as a container plant, and works well as a feature plant in these conditions. More suited to cooler climates than some other species.
Cordyline australis varieties
Although the species can reach 15m + in height, many of the cultivars are said to be lower growing, many only to 4m. Check with the wholesaler on estimated height.
- C. australis ‘Red Sensation’ – Deep Red foliage.
- C. australis ‘Black Knight’ – Deeper purple foliage.
- C. australis ‘Sundance’ – Very attractive red to orange lower foliage turning to green near the tips.
- C. australis ‘Purple Tower’ – Another with purple foliage.
- C. australis (australe) Torbay Dazzler is a fast growing cultivar with sone coloration in the foliage.
111 Stanhope Road Theresa Park NSW 2570
Offering a variety of sun hardy Australian natives and exotic trees, shrubs, groundcover's and perennials from semi advanced through to super advanced and semi-mature stock.
9910 Pacific Hwy, Woodburn, NSW, 2472
Phone 02 66822988 Mobile 0428 822988 Fax 02 66822339