A pink flowering camellia that has an upright growth habit Camellia sasanqua ‘With Love’ is a great addition to the garden.
With the mid pink flowers giving this a softer more informal look that its white flowering companion ‘Avalanche’ this looks great as a background plant in the garden border.
The same narrow upright growth habit, it is well suited to narrow spaces and it is also suited to growing in containers in a courtyard or perhaps on a patio or balcony.
Another new release this is great screening plant for Australian conditions.
The columnar habit also make it suitable for growing either side of an entrance or pathway.
Being a Sasanqua type Camellia it tolerates hot conditions as well as light frosts however is better when protected from the heat of the afternoon sub in warmer areas.
As a screening plant it can be planted at around 1 metre (3ft ) apart, a little closer for a denser screen.
The flowers are a mid pink with a slight fragrance.
Camellia ‘With Love’ Planting and Care
- Plant is a sunny to part shaded position in a well drained humus rich soil.
- A slightly acidic soil is preferred.
- In pots use a specialist camellia and rhododendron potting mix.
- Mulch around the plant to maintain a cool moist root run.
- Fertilise with a specialist Camellia and Rhododendron fertiliser in spring and again in autumn.
- Botanical Name – Camellia sasanqua ‘With Love’
- Name – Camellia sasanqua Slimline ‘With Love’
- Soil – Well drained slightly acidic
- Position – Full sun to part shade
- Height – To around 4 metres
- Width – To around 1 metre
- Growth rate – Medium
- Flowers – Pink, slight fragrance
- Foliage – Small deep green