Camellia japonica ‘Desire’
With soft and mid pink, formal double flowers last well through from mid winter Camellia x japonica ‘Desire’ is very attractive pink flowering variety.
A naturally upright small shrub it is medium to slow growing with a good bushy habit.
Best grown in shade, but reasonable light to perform at its best. Flowering from mid winter to spring this is another excellent plant with deep green foliage that offsets the flowers beautifully.
The flower color will vary a little, tending to wash out a little in strong sun.
- Flowers are semi double light pink and contrast well agaianst the dark foliage.
- Light shade
- Humus rich moist soil.
- Mulch to mainaytin a cool root run.
- Water well during summer
- Fertilize with slightly acidic fertilizer.
- Prune lightly as this is a slow growing plant.
Camellia x japonica ‘Desire’ – Summary Information
- Height – To around 3 metres in height.
- Spread – A fairly upright habit, over time will spread to around 1 metre.
- Position – Part shade.
- Soil – Humus rich slightly acidic and moist yet well drained.
- Flowers – pink
- Foliage – Glossy green.
- Flowering period – winter to spring.
You may also like:
- Camellia Japonica
- Camellia Sasanqua
- Camellia edithae
- Camellia forrestii
- Camellia trichocarpa
- Weeping Camellias
- White flowering Camellias
- Camellia Volunteer
- Camellia japonica ‘Dona Herzilia De Freitas Magalhaes’
- Camellia magnoliaeflora
- Camellia japonica ‘Polar Bear’
- Camellia x japonica ‘Desire’
- Camellia Plants For Sale