With near white petals and creamy yellow petaliods, Camellia Brushfield’s Yellow was bred in Australia in the late 1960s.
Anemone type flowers are very attractive from mid winter to early spring. A good upright growth habit makes this a plant well suited to hedging or an informal screen.
Very attractive flowers that are long lasting in a shaded sheltered position. Once established ‘Brushfield’s Yellow’ is a remarkably easy plant, very undemanding and easy to prune.
Camellia Brushfield’s Yellow General Information
- Position – Part shade to afternoon shade.
- Container – Yes
- Height 3m
- Spread 2.5m
- Flowering time – Winter
- Topiary – Can be pruned to flat screen
Growing Tips and Care
Easy care in the right position, Camellia ‘Brushfield’s Yellow’ is a japonica type and will have better flowers in part shade with protection from winds.
- Humus rich moist soil
- Well drained
- Stake when planting to maintain good upright growth
- Water in well with a liquid seaweed fertilizer
- Mulch well to maintain a cool root run
- Apply a specialist camellia and azalea fertilizer in spring after flowering.
- Prune after flowering from a young age to promote a good bushy habit
You may also like
- Camellia Japonica
- Camellia Sasanqua
- Camellia edithae
- Camellia forrestii
- Camellia magnoliaeflora
- Camellia trichocarpa
- Camellia ‘Brushfield’s Yellow’
- Camellia japonica ‘Dona Herzilla De Freitas Magalhaes’
- Camellia japonica ‘Polar Bear’
- Weeping Camellias
- White flowering Camellias
- Camellia Plants For Sale