If you are looking for a dense growing climbing plant with attractive flowers, Pandorea pandorana ‘Ruby Belle’ could be the one.
This is fast growing plant that will quickly cover a fence or trellis. It does have a vigorous root system so is best planted away from drainage lines and pipes.
You can also use ‘Ruby Belle’ as rambling ground cover, or allow it to scramble through trees.
Growing Conditions and Care
Best planted where the root system is in shade and the plant itself can be allowed to grow into the sun. Although it is plant that will grow in fairly deep shade, good flowering requires a good amount of sun.
Once established it is a plant that requires little care. It can be pruned back after flowering to help maintain a more compact size and shape.
Summary Information for Pandorea pandorana ‘Ruby Belle’
- Botanical Name – Pandorea pandorana ‘Ruby Belle’
- Common Names – Ruby Flowering Pandorea, Ruby Wonga Wonga Wonga Vine
- Family – Bigoniaceae
- Height – To 3 – 6 metres plus if given support.
- Growth rate – Medium to Fast
- Spread – To 3 metres.
- Soil – Well drained Sandy Loam, Loam or Clay soil that drains.
- Position – Full sun to a little shade.
- Flowers – Ruby Red to Cream and bell shaped.
- Flowering Time – Spring to summer.
- Drought tolerant – Medium
- Frost tolerant – Medium
You May be interested in
Available for sale from the following Nurseries
470 Monbulk-Silvan Road Monbulk VIC 3793
"Guaranteed mail order flowering bulbs, perennials, roses, trees, landscaping plants, garden accessories and community fundraising Austra lia-wide."
In Melbourne Try
1210 Melba Hwy, Yarra Glen VIC 3775
Phone: (03) 9730 2400
530 Burwood Hwy, Wantirna South VIC 3152