With a natural range extending from Queensland to Tasmania, Dampieria stricta is a varied species grown fore the attractive flowers.
Flowering for up to 8 months from autumn right through to summer, this is a suckering perennial that can reach around .5 metres in height.
Being long flowering Dampieria stricta makes a good addition to a native garden, rock garden or the general garden border. It can also be grown in containers if desired.
The named variety ‘Glasshouse Glory’ is one of the more popular Dampieria varieties.
Once established this is a very easy care plant
- Plant in a well drained soil in a sunny position to light shade.
- Prepare the soil well by digging in aged compost and some cow manure.
- Plant and water in with a liquid seaweed fertiliser.
- Mulch around the plant to maintain a cool moist root run.
- Water through long dry periods over the first few summers.
- Botanical Name – Dampieria stricta
- Common Name – Blue Dampiera.
- Family – Goodeniaceae
- Plant Height – To .5 metres
- Plant Spread – To around 1 metres
- Position – Full sun to a little shade.
- Soil – Well drained with some moisture.
- Flowers – Blue to mauve.
- Flowering time – Autumn to summer with spring being peak flowering period.
- Foliage – Mid to deep green
- Frost tolerant – Light frosts only.
- Drought tolerant – Medium.