Scaevola, Plant Profile and Landscaping Uses
Widely used in landscaping as a ground cover plant Scaevola comes in a number of varieties and flower colours.
The popular S. humilis is sold under a number of names and will grow to form a dense matt with masses of purple flowers in spring through summer.
Some cultivars are lower growing than others and require less maintenance. Along with the drought tolerant nature and ability to grow well in a range of soil types the only issue is with heavy frosts which will set the plant back a little however it does quickly recover.
Scaevola Varieties Include
- S. humilis – Purple Fan Flower
- S. albida – White Fan flower
- S. ramosissima – Climbing Fan Flower
- S. aemula – Fairy Fan Flower, lower growing to 50 cm.
Scaevola or ‘Fan Flower’ make a good drought tolerant ground cover plant. Includes Scaevola humilus, Scaevola aemula and other species. Wholesale Nurseries, Tube Stock.
Care and Maintenance
- Plant in full sun to light shade.
- Water in well and for 2 months water regularly. If planted in spring plants may require watering through the first summer.
- Light pruning once a year will help maintain a compact tidy shape.
- Mulch around plants to maintain moisture and a cool root run.
1870 South Gippsland Hwy Cranbourne Vic 3977 - email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Growers of a wide range of native & exotic trees, shrubs, ground covers and climbers in 14cm pots Promotional & PBR Lines and garden hardy favourites. Supplying all states. www.faceysnursery.com.au