Restio, Plant Profile and Landscaping Uses
Restio is a grass that looks a little like a bamboo, they are a useful landscaping plant and depending on variety grow well in both dry and wet conditions. Widely used in wetland projects and suited for use as biofilters these are an evergreen grasslike plant, many with attractive foliage.
These plants will flower, usually from spring through summer. Flowers are an attractive rusty red and hold well through the season.
Varieties are usually available in tube stock as well 14 to 25cm pots depending on the wholesaler.
- Restio pallens – An upright green stemmed grass banded with a reddish brown. Terminal flowers in spring to summer add extra interest. will grow in dry conditions
- Restio tetraphyllus – Feathery foliage to around 1.5m, excellent in moist conditions and well suited to the margins of a pond. Also known as Tassel Grass.
- Full sun to light shade
- Moisture requirement depend on species.
- Frost free position is best as prolonged exposure will damage plants.
- Slow release fertiliser in spring.
WHOLESALE RESTIO NURSERIES
1870 South Gippsland Hwy Cranbourne Vic 3977 - email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Growers of a wide range of native & exotic trees, shrubs, ground covers and climbers in 14cm pots Promotional & PBR Lines and garden hardy favourites. Supplying all states. www.faceysnursery.com.au