Melaleuca, Plant Profile and Landscaping Uses
Melaleuca species are variously known as the Paper Bark, Honey Myrtle or Punk Trees.
With over 200 in he species growing from 1- 2m to 20m in height this is a diverse genus with many species being used widely in commercial lanscaping as well as garden plants both in Australia and overseas.
With growth habits from clumping spreading types, small garden shrubs to small and medium sized trees this versatile group has a lot to offer landscapers.
Wholesale growers offer a range of plants suited to different landscaping applications, soils and climates.
- Melaleuca ericifolia – Also known as the ‘Swamp Paperbark’ is useful for wet areas, good as a hedge or screening plant and often used in roadside plantings especially in low lying positions.
- Melaleuca alterifolia – This is the well know ‘Tea Tree’ valued for the oil which is used as an antibiotic and anti fungal.
- Melaleuca linariifolia – A ssmall hardy tree that has found a place as a street tree. Reaching around 6 – 8m in height it is usful for planting beneath power lines. Masses of white flowers in winter to spring. Alsoma good small shade tree.
- Melaleauca quinguenervia – Taller growing to around 15m this is a very common species with a more open crown than M.linarifolia. Good papery bark and scented foliage.
- Melaleauca thymifolia – One of the best small growing species to around 2m in height, good purple flowers in spring and an excellent garden shrub.
WHOLESALE MELALEUCA NURSERIES
1870 South Gippsland Hwy Cranbourne Vic 3977 - email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Growers of a wide range of native & exotic trees, shrubs, ground covers and climbers in 14cm pots Promotional & PBR Lines and garden hardy favourites. Supplying all states. www.faceysnursery.com.au
146 Dignams Crk Rd via Narooma NSW 2546
Tubestock - [50mm forestry tubes and 70mm supertubes] specializing in Bush Tucker Plants , Natives indigenous to the NSW South Coast , Permaculture Plants - Fruits, Nuts & Berries .
2505 Westernport Road, Ripplebrook, Victoria
The largest range of deciduous and evergreen advanced trees from 1-12 metres with over 100,000 trees to select from. SpringRing® grown trees from 25 litre to 1000 litre as well as field grown specimen trees and mature palms. Australia-wide delivery