A wonderful low growing compact agapanthus that will reach less than .5m ‘Dwarf White’ has clear white flowers and is well suited to growing in containers. Also useful as a low edging plant, it will work well as a border plant with its evergreen foliage.
Hardy and drought tolerant flowers can be picked for indoors. The only real problems are heavy frosts, however these tough plants will bounce back fairly quickly.
Agapanthus Dwarf White Varieties
A number of dwarf agapanthas are available, they do vary in height however the white flowering, or white and blue types include :
- Agapanthus praecox ‘Dwarf White’ – Pure white flowers to around 40cm in height.
- Double Diamond – Pure white flowers on a plant that reaches les than .5m
- Snowball – Pure white flowers, around 30cm in height.
- Snowflake – Very low growing to around 15cm, attractive silvery foliage.
- Lilibet – Early flowering with white and blue flowers.
In full sun these plants require little care other than deadheading to prevent self seeding.
They do not require much fertilizer, cope with poor soil and require little water after being established. Hardy and drought tolerant, the flowers can be picked for indoors.
The only real problems are heavy frosts, however these tough plants will bounce back fairly quickly.
You may also like
- agapanthus black panther
- Agapanthus campanulatus ‘Isis’
- agapanthus dwarf white
- agapanthus silver baby
- agapanthus snowball
Agapanthus Dwarf White are available for sale form the following nurseries
442 Russells Road, Pine Mountain Ipswich QLD 4306 - phone: 07 54643976
Pine Mountain Nursery is a mail order plant nursery and also specialises in breeding elite agapanthus, clivia and other warm climate bulbs.