This is a low growing form, compact in growth habit, Zieria ‘Pink Crystals’ with its masses of starry flowers, mainly in late winter to spring is a real bee magnet.
It is easy to grow and makes a good feature plant in a cottage garden or in the general garden border.
Plant in a well drained humus rich soil in a sunny position. A little afternoon shade is suitable in hot dry areas.
- Choose a well drained humus rich soil. In wet or clay soils consider mounding or hilling up the soil to improve drainage.
- Water through the first summer and in long dry periods.
- Mulch around the plant to maintain a cool root run.
- A annual application of a specialist native plant fertiliser each spring can help with growth in areas with very poor soils.
This is naturally neat growing plant and requires little to no pruning.
- Botanical Name – Zieria cytisoides Pink Crystals’
- Common Name – Zieria ‘Pink Crystals’, Downy Zieria
- Position – Full sun to dappled shade.
- Soil – Well drained with some moisture.
- Height – To around 1 metre.
- Spread – To around 1 metre
- Flowers – Pink
- Flowering Time – Late Winter to Spring.
- Foliage – Mid to deep green and soft.
- Frost tolerant – Yes
- Drought tolerant – Medium