One of the larger Zieria varieties, this is a species that grows in Dry Sclerophyll forests and Heathlands along the coast of New South Wales.
Not widely found in cultivation Zieria laevigata can be a useful and attractive plant in the garden .
This is an evergreen shrub that will attract bees to the garden when in flower.
- Botanical Name – Zieria laevigata
- Common Name – Smooth Zieria, Angular Zieria, Twiggy Midge Bush
- Family – Rutaceae
- Position – Full sun to a little shade.
- Soil – Well drained, Sandy loam to Sandy.
- Height – To around 1.5 metres
- Spread – To around 1 metre
- Flowers – White to pink.
- Flowering Time – Spring.
- Foliage – Mid green, evergreen and dense.
- Frost tolerant – Mild frosts only.
- Drought tolerant – Yes once established.