A white flowering species, Westringia longifolia is a naturally large growing plant that can reach 3 metres in height with a similar spread. As the name suggests the foliage itself is long and a good grey green in colour.
It is easy to prune and well suited to grow as a low hedge or used as a background plant in the garden. You will see this plant offered as Westringia longifolia ‘Snow Flurry’ and this is a great indication of what the plant looks like when in full flower.
It is also a great plant for attracting bees and birds to the garden and smaller birds appreciate the protection given by its dense foliage.
Westringia longifolia Care
One of the great features of this plant is that it tolerates a range of soil conditions and is suited to coastal conditions as well.
It does like good sun yet will still flower well in a little afternoon shade.
- Botanical Name – Westringia longifolia
- Common Name – Coastal Rosemary.
- Family – Lamineaceae
- Height – Around 3 metres.
- Spread – To around 3 metres.
- Position – Full Sun to a little afternoon shade.
- Soil – Well drained, clay to sandy.
- Flowers – White.
- Flowering Time – Winter to Spring.
- Foliage – Mid to deep grey green.
- Frost tolerant – Light to medium frosts only.
- Drought tolerant – Yes once established.
Grevillea thelemanniana is available for sale from the following nurseries
862 Midland Highway Mount Rowan Vic 3352
We offer over 245 varieties of Fuchsia, tubestock, pots, baskets and standards. Mail order specialists. Open 7 days by appointment.
470 Monbulk-Silvan Road Monbulk VIC 3793
"Guaranteed mail order flowering bulbs, perennials, roses, trees, landscaping plants, garden accessories and community fundraising Austra lia-wide."