Leptospermum ‘Pink Cascade’, takes full sun, will grow beneath eucalypts, and flowers prolifically in spring to summer.
This is a hybrid between Leptospermum polygalifolium and Leptospermum continentale and it is low growing and spreading.
The flowers start of bright pink and fade to white. They are bird attracting as they are filled with nectar in the flowers.
The plant itself has a natural arching habit, so it does look quite graceful, and it can be used in a position where it can cascade over a low garden wall or embankment.
Care and Maintenance
In a well drained soil and full sun to a little shade this is an easy care plant.
It does need room to spread so give it around 1.5 metres to allow it lok its best
- Dig the soil over well and weed.
- Plant in a humus rich well drained soil.
- Water in with a liquid seaweed fertiliser.
- Top dress each year with some well rotted compost.
- Water during very dry periods over spring to summer.
You can selectively, lightly prune individual stems to maintain size and shape.
- Botanical Name – Leptospermum ‘Pink Cascade’
- Common Name – ‘Pink Cascade’ Tea Tree.
- Family – Myrtaceae
- Position – Full sun to a little shade.
- Soil – Well drained. Tolerant of poor soils.
- Height – To around .6 – .8 metres.
- Spread – To around 1 metre.
- Flowers – Pink fading to white.
- Flowering time – Spring.
- Foliage – Mid to deep green and lance shaped.
- Frost tolerant – Yes
- Drought tolerant – Yes
Leptospermum ‘Pink Cascade’ is available for sale from the following nurseries
862 Midland Highway Mount Rowan Vic 3352
We offer over 245 varieties of Fuchsia, tubestock, pots, baskets and standards. Mail order specialists. Open 7 days by appointment.