With brilliant red flowers and a dense bushy growth habit, Grevillea ‘Poorinda Rondeau’ is a hybrid between G. lavandulacea and G. baueri.
Flowering mainly in spring, however in both winter and summer spot flowering usually occurs.
The foliage is a deep mid to green, tightly clustered along the stems and new growth is tinged with bronze.
A natural compact growth habit makes it one of the best ‘Poorinda’ cultivars.
In temperate climates this is an easy care variety. It requires a well drained soil and good sunny position.
Light pruning after flowering will help maintain a good bushy habit.
- Botanical Name – Grevillea ‘Poorinda Rondeau’
- Common Name – None
- Position – Full sun to part shade.
- Soil – Best suited to areas that are damp, beside streams, seepage zones and even coastal areas. Will grow well in most soils.
- Height – To around 1.5 metre
- Spread – To around 1 metre.
- Growth rate – Medium to fast.
- Flowers – Deep red flowers in spring.
- Foliage – Mid to deep green.
- Frost tolerant – Yes
- Drought tolerant – Yes