A wonderful winter flowering plant Grevillea Ivory Whip has large ‘Ivory White’ flowers. Although winter is the main flowering g period, this is a variety that will flower almost right through the year in good conditions.
The dense foliage is a haven for birds, and a short but stout trunk raises the canopy so that a variety of shade loving plants could be grown underneath.
In a sunny position and a well drained soil this is an easy care plant. It will grow in a little shade, however flowering is best in full sun.
Best grown in an open position where it gets good air flow.
- Dig the soil over well to twice the diameter of the container.
- Add some well rotted cow manure and aged compost.
- Plant at the same level the tree was in the container.
- Water in well with a liquid seaweed fertiliser.
- Water lightly in the first summer.
- Mulch around the tree to maintain a cool root run.
During long dry periods a deep watering will keep the plant looking good.
No fertiliser is requires in good soils. You can use a little specialist native plant fertiliser (low phosphate) in poor soils if desired.
A little tip pruning may assist a bushy growth habit
- Botanical Name – Grevillea Ivory Whip
- Common Name – Ivory Whip Grevillea
- Position – Full sun to a little shade.
- Soil – Humus rich well drained.
- Height – To around 2 metres plus.
- Spread – To around 2 metres plus.
- Growth rate – Medium.
- Flowers – White with pink..
- Flowering time – Winter to Spring with spot flowering year round.
- Foliage – Mid green.
- Frost tolerant – Light frosts only.
- Drought tolerant – Medium.