This is a compact hardy shrub and Grevillea baueri tolerates both cold and drought. The dense growth habit makes it a haven for small birds. Flowers are pink and cream and again attract nectar seeking birds to the garden.
This is a good plant to grown the general garden border, or it can be be used as a low informal hedge or border plant. As a hedge try a spacing of around 1 metre.
Another form G.baueri Asperula is also available.
Growing well in poor and even rocky soils in open woodland areas, this is plant that requires good drainage and will benefit from a little afternoon shade.
It will benefit from some mulch around the base to the drip line as this will provide a cool root run.
Light tip pruning will maintain a smaller plant with a dense habit.
- Botanical Name – Grevillea baueri
- Common Name – Bauer’s Grevillea
- Position – Full sun to a little shade.
- Soil – Well drained.
- Height – To around 1 metres, sometimes taller.
- Spread – To around 2.5 metres.
- Flowers – White turning to pink
- Flowering Time – Winter to spring.
- Foliage – Mid green, oblong shaped and dense growth habit.
- Frost tolerant – Yes
- Drought tolerant – Yes
Available for sale from the following participating nurseries
Native grasses, sedges, rushes, lilies, wetland plants, ornamental grasses and grass trees. Contract growing. Cells, tubes and pots. Contemporary water wise garden solutions and revegetation specialists. Unique garden decor, pots and original sculptures. Delivery available. www.plantsandlandscapes.com.au