Callistemon viminalis ‘Dawson River Weeper’ is a large shrub to around 5m in height. The brilliant red flowers contrast against the green foliage which has a natural weeping habit.
In the garden it makes a good feature plant or can be used as a screening plant. When in flower it attracts nectar seeking birds and bees to the garden, as with many Callistemon varieties the dense foliage also provides a great habit for smaller birds.
This is a plant that needs a little room to grow and performs at its best in full sun. It will grow in coastal conditions and can be grown in sandy soils.
- A well drained soil is required.
- Mulch around the plant to maintain a cool root run.
- Water through the first few summers during long dry periods.
- Tip prune to maintain a more bushy compact habit.
- Botanical Name : Callistemon viminalis ‘Dawson River Weeper’
- Common Name : Callistemon ‘Dawson River Weeper’ – Dawson River Bottlebrush.
- Height : To around 5 metres
- Spread/Width : To around 5 metres
- Position : Full sun to a little light shade.
- Soil : Well drained.
- Foliage : Mid green, weeping and soft to the touch and evergreen.
- Flowers : Crimson red bottlebrush type.
- Flowering Time : Spring through to autumn.
Callistemon ‘Dawson River Weeper’ is available for sale from the following nurseries
"Propagation and Production of Native and Exotic Trees
with Natural Root Systems from 2 to 2,000 lts."