Australian Native Lilies include a range of plants given the name Lily, although some are not actually lilies, the Sydney Rock Lily ( actually an orchid) and Gymea Lily. The Cape York Lily ‘Curcuma australasica’ is a spectacular plant that is actually a ginger.
Many Australian Native Lilies were used as bush tucker including, the Chocolate Lily ‘Dichopogan strictus’ and Early Nancy or ‘Wumbea dioca’ while the Fringe Lily Thyanotus multiflorus is a popular garden species.
Australia native Lilly Like plants include :
- Bulbine glauca with its grass like foliage and yellow flowers is called the rock Lilly.
- Caesia calliantha has small blue to mauve flowers and is called the ‘Blue Grass Lily’
- Caesia parviflora with its pale mauve flowers is the ‘Pale Grass Lily’
- Dianella caerulea ( paroo lily ),
- Dianella longifolia (smooth flax lily
- Dianalla revoluta (black anther lily )
- Dianella tasmanica ( Tasman flax lily )
- Dietes robinsoniana is only found on Lord Howe Islane and is the Lord Howe Wedding Lily
- Patersonia sp. ( purple flag )
- Patersonia glabrata ( leafy purple flag )
- Stylidium gramnifolium ( grass trigger plant )
- Thelionoma caespitosa ( tufted blue lily )
Native grasses, sedges, rushes, lilies, wetland plants, ornamental grasses and grass trees. Contract growing. Cells, tubes and pots. Contemporary water wise garden solutions and revegetation specialists. Unique garden decor, pots and original sculptures. Delivery available. www.plantsandlandscapes.com.au