WHOLESALE PERSIMMON NURSERIES
Persimmon trees are not only fruiting trees but also make good shade trees. Wholesalers offer a number of varieties with both astringent and non astringent types on the market.
The species most widely grown for fruit is the Japanese persimmon Diospyros kaki. This is grown as a multi stemmed or single stemmed plant.
Australia has developed a small export industry with varieties such as the ‘Fuyu’ being popular through Asia. Fuyu is popular as in can be stored for longer periods than most other types.
- Fuyu – most popular commercial variety, semi dwarf habit and late ripening. Non asstringent and fruiting in mid season.
- Dai Dai Mara – Larger tree with smallish fruits, attractive weeping form and popular in home gardens
- Jiro Dwarf – Reaches around 2m in height, non astringent and good fruit.
- Nightingale – Large fruit tending to red in colour. Early ripening and another small tree.
- Haichiya – Large egg shaped fruits.
- Izu – Early ripening rounded orange to red fruits.
2 Burns Rd Ross Creek Goombborian QLD 4570
Ph 07 5483 3734 Mob 0423 775401
Specializing in exotic fruit trees: Abiu, Barbados Cherry, Black Sapote, Candlenut, Carob, Coffee, Jackfruit, Lychee, Macadamia, Mango, Persimmon, Strawberry Tree, Tamarind and many more.
(03) 9756 6105
Deciduous and evergreen trees and shrubs. Flowering, Fruiting and Ornamental. Bare root and containerised 20cm to advanced. Strictly wholesale.