Fruit Trees for Brisbane and Queensland
A large range of Fruit Trees and Dwarf Fruit trees suitable growing in for Queensland and Brisbane including many tropical varieties.
Fruit trees that are suitable for Queensland are numerous and with a wide ranging climate. Varieties of fruit trees that can be grown differ greatly from the Southern Areas of Queensland near Brisbane and the areas near the Gold Coast to the northern areas near Townsville, Cairns and Rockhampton.
Popular fruit trees for Queensland and Brisbane
Included are a range of some of the best fruit trees, such as mango, avocado, citrus and bananas, however with such a great climate most fruits that do not require a ‘low chill factor’ will do well in Brisbane and Queensland.
Fruit trees best for growing in Queensland will differ from South to North. The further North we go the more tropical fruit trees come into their own.
However in general dwarf fruit trees are popular as space saving trees, and ‘multi graft’ fruit trees or ‘Fruit Salad Trees’ are popular for the variety they provide.
Fruit Trees Brisbane – The Old Favourites and New varieties
Without doubt the most popular fruit trees for Brisbane include Mangos and Avocados. And increasingly it is the dwarf varieties that are more popular.
- Look for the dwarf Wurtz avocados, very popular.
- The newly released dwarf mango ‘Alison Red’ is a smaller growing Bowen, excellent for home gardens.
It is not only the well known fruit trees, on the rise in popularity, two rarer varieties are becoming more widely grown in Brisbane.
- Jaboticaba, a fascinating tree with red grape like fruit very high in vitamin C and very disease and pest free.
- The other fruit tree that is on the rise in popularity is the ‘Dragon Fruit’.
All of these are available from Turners Garden Centre in Rochedale.
Consider the following fruit trees which are well suited to the Queensland climate.
- Mango Trees, Lemon Trees, Avocado Trees, Jaboticaba, Passionfruit, Jakfruit, Peach, Black sapote, Longan, Pear, Blueberry, Loquat, Pecan, Brazilian cherry, Lychee, Persimmon, Carambola, Macadamia, Plum, Cedar bay cherry, Pomegranate, Ceylon hill cherry, Mulberry, Rose apple, Cherry of the riogrande, Nectarine, Sapodilla, Curry leaf, Neem, Soursop, Custard apple, Olive, Syzigium jambos, Feijoa, Panama berry, Tamarillo, Fig, Papaw, Wampi, Guava, White sapote, Grape, Grumichama.
Fruit trees for Queensland and Brisbane can be purchased from both good Garden Centers and from online fruit tree suppliers, these nurseries will send bare rooted fruit trees during dormancy (winter months)
Fruit Trees for Brisbane and QLD are available for sale from the following growers & nurseries
300 Oxley Drive Coombabah QLD 4216
Located on the north end of the Gold Coast at Runaway Bay. The 6 acre site is home to Queensland's biggest & best garden centre. Selling in volume direct to the public. Focus on top quality both in our plant & pot ranges.
473 Miles Platting Rd Rochedale Brisbane 4123
Specializing in fruit trees, including apple trees, citrus, avocado, mango, olive, macadamia, lychee, pawpaw and others. Also herbs and edibles.
Mail order fruit tree nursery with over 200 temperate climate fruit trees.
Heritage varieties and dwarf fruit trees. Apple Trees, Stone Fruit, Nut Trees and Berry Fruit.
2505 Westernport Road, Ripplebrook, Victoria
The largest range of deciduous and evergreen advanced trees from 1-12 metres with over 100,000 trees to select from. SpringRing® grown trees from 25 litre to 1000 litre as well as field grown specimen trees and mature palms. Australia-wide delivery