Wholesale Fig Tree Growers (Ficus carica) Plant Profile and Growing Hints
Figs are an extremely popular fruit. A mediterranean climate best suits figs, hot dry summers. If the root syatem of fig trees can be constricted they will put more energy into growing fruit rather than foliage. Figs can also be grown in large pots.
A catalogue of fig tree varieties and cultivarsvwould be almost endless however the best varieties that arev available in Australia include :
Fig Tree Varieties
The easiest way to divide fig trees is into dark and white skinned varieties, however many other cultivars are available :
- Brown Turkey is a widely grown dark skinned type, it has a long season, good fruit and excellent for eating. Not so good for drying or preserving.
- Black Genoa is another excellent fig for eating, large and with a rich flavour.
- White Adriatic is best for drying
- White Genoa is good for cooler climates, it does notn have the strong tatse of some others.
- Preston Prolific is used widely for jams and preserves.
- Excel is very high in sugar contet which makes it great for drying and preserves.
- Blue Province is a late maturing fig, sweet and soft fruit.
2505 Westernport Road, Ripplebrook, Victoria
The largest range of deciduous and evergreen advanced trees from 1-12 metres with over 100,000 trees to select from. SpringRing® grown trees from 25 litre to 1000 litre as well as field grown specimen trees and mature palms. Australia-wide delivery
ROSSMOUNT NURSERY 2 Burns Rd Ross Creek Goombborian QLD 4570 Ph 07 5483 3734 Mob 0423 775401 email email@example.com Specializing in exotic fruit trees: Abiu, Barbados Cherry, Black Sapote, Candlenut, Carob, Coffee, Jackfruit, Lychee, Macadamia, Mango, Persimmon, Strawberry Tree, Tamarind and many more