WHOLESALE KALANCHOE NURSERIES
20 years ago it would have been difficult to believe that Kalanchoe would be a sought after landscaping plant. Today wholeslae growers offer a wide range of plants that are used both in the garden as well in containers on balconies and in courtyards in urban areas.
The main attraction is ease of care, these are drought tolerant succulents and as such meet the demands of developers who require low maintence plants.
With hybridisation flower form and foliage colour has also be improved and today Kalanchoe are sold in just about every retail nursery and garden center in Australia.
One of the larger foliahe varieties readily available from growers is Kalanchoe thyrsifolia ‘flapjack’. However growers offer a wider range than this.
Kalanchoe Varieties offered by growers
- K. blossfeldiana – Used in hybridisataion for the readily available Kalanchoe ‘Calandiva’, sold widely as ‘potted colour’
- K. thyrsifolia – The well known ‘Flapjacks’ grown for the foliage.
- K. beharensis – Not widely offered this is the ‘elephants ear kalanchoe’ grows to a small tree like shrub at around 2m.
- K. tomentosa – Grown for the foliage, blue/green with dark maroon spots
- K. fedtchenkoi – Interesting species with classic blue/green leaves with red blushes, tall flower spikes to around 1m.