Buddleja asiatica ‘Spring Promise’ is very attractive white flowering variety with a fragrance that reminds us of freesias.
This is an evergreen shrub, frost tolerant and reasonably drought tolerant once established.
Over time it will reach 3 metres in height however pruning back is easy.
Plant in a sunny position where the flowers will attract both bees and birds to the garden. Flowering from winter through to spring Buddleja asiatica ‘Spring Promise’ makes a great addition to garden border. You can also mass plant as an informal screen.
This Buddleja is regarded as having the best fragrance of any of the Buddleja varieties.
- Dig soil well adding some compost and aged cow manure.
- Plant at the same height that the Buddleja was in the container.
- Water in well with a liquid seaweed fertiliser.
- Mulch around the plant
- Water during long dry spell over the first few summers.
- Prune back after flowering to maintain a more compact size.
- Remove some of the old canes every 3 years.
- Best time to prune is immediately after flowering
Available for sale from the following nurseries