The ‘Green Goddess’ Lily
With good green foliage year-round and striking green and white flowers in spring to summer Zantedeschia aethiopica ‘Green Goddess’ is a favourite with gardeners and florists alike.
It is very easy care, and a lot less funereal in appearance to the white variety. This is a plant that grows from rhizomes, over time it will spread to form a large clump.
The flowers appear on tall stems and are held high in the foliage. This is an excellent plant to grow in a shaded position where the flowers add interest in spring through summer.
This is a very easy to grow variety, it does prefer a damp soil, however it will tolerate dry spells as long as it is grown out of direct sun.
- Dig in well rotted compost and aged manure before planting
- Water in well with a liquid seaweed fertiliser.
- Mulch around the plant to keep moist.
Propagate by dividing the tubers or rhizomes in winter.
- Botanical Name – Zantedeschia aethiopica ‘Green Goddess’
- Common Names – Green Goddess Lily
- Climate – Temperate climates to Cool Temperate.
- Soil Humus – Well drained humus rich and moist soils.
- Position – Dappled shade
- Frost tolerant – No
- Height – To 80 cms
- Spread – Will form a clump to 1m over time.
- Foliage – Mid to deep green
- Flowers – Large green and white
- Flowering period – Spring to summer.
- Growth Rate – Medium to fast.
Zantedeschia aethiopica ‘Green Goddess’ is available for sale from the following nurseries
470 Monbulk-Silvan Road Monbulk VIC 3793
"Guaranteed mail order flowering bulbs, perennials, roses, trees, landscaping plants, garden accessories and community fundraising Austra lia-wide."