Located in Coomboona in the Goulburn Valley, Victoria, Yackatoon Gardens is set over sixteen acres and situated against a picturesque backdrop of native bush. The formal gardens are bordered by towering Leylandii hedges and, in the springtime, showcase an outstanding display of colour in the form of abundant roses and flowering annuals.
Yackatoon Gardens is now delighted to welcome visitors every weekend commencing Saturday, 19th October. In addition to the beautifully landscaped grounds,
Yackatoon Gardens comprises:
- Historic homestead: sprawling Federation-style property tastefully refurbished and available to hire for events, including weddings, corporate days, and location hire.
- Formal gardens: manicured lawns and trimmed hedges house a series of spectacular water-features and classic stone statues.
- Scenic lake: fed by Waranga basin, the lake is bordered by flowering violets and backs onto the eucalypts of the State Forest .
- Fruit orchard: figs, almonds, peaches, apricots, pears, and many more, can be found through the decorative iron archway leading from the tearooms.
- Vegetable garden: biodynamic garden cultivated year round, supplying an abundance of seasonal produce, also available to purchase.
- Wisteria tunnel: at its best in early spring, visitors are invited to take a stroll through the 50 metre long tunnel and admire the hanging blossom.
- Plant nursery and greenhouse: brand new greenhouse and nursery enables our visitors to take a piece of Yackatoon home.
- Newly appointed tearooms: serving Devonshire teas, cakes, and a selection of afternoon tea sandwiches.
The public opening of Yackatoon Gardens represents the culmination of over 10 years of work.
The transformation of the once run-down homestead and disused farmland was carried out by Carmel Arena, proprietor of Yackatoon Gardens.
Of this journey Carmel has said: “I am delighted that what began as a vision long ago, has finally become a reality that I can share with other garden-lovers.”
OPEN FROM 19TH OCTOBER – 15 DECEMBER 2019,
WEEKENDS ONLY 9am-4pm
(See Web Site for further details regarding opening hours)
Groups of 10 or more people are welcome outside the standard opening times by appointment – please get in touch with us to book.
Yackatoon Gardens is located at 697 Trotter Road, Coomboona, VIC. Parking is available on-site. Guided tours of the grounds are available on request.