A Manna Gum from the Gippsland area Eucalyptus viminalis subsp. pryoriana is both drought and frost tolerant. Previously known as Eucalyptus pryoriana it has now been classified as Eucalyptus pryoriana
Eucalyptus pryoriana Landscaping Uses
Useful as a side tree it also attracts a range of native animals and birds to the garden.
Attractive smooth pale bark and a slight weeping habit make this an attractive tree for parks, gardens as well as for shelter belts. One of many Eucalyptus species recommended by local councils for some applications.
- Botanical Name – Eucalyptus viminalis subsp. pryoriana (syn Eucalyptus pryoriana)
- Common Name Gippsland Manna gum, Coastal manna Gum or White gum.
- Position – Full sun
- Soil – Tolerates poor to dry soil
- Foliage – Large glossy mid to deep green,
- Height – Around 10 – 14 metres depending on conditions
- Spread – A crown of aroundn6 metre across.
- Growth Rate – Medium
- Flowers – White.
Eucalyptus viminalis subsp. pryoriana is available for sale from the following wholesale nurseries.
1750 Westernport Rd Heath Hill VIC 3981
Australias largest grower of semi advanced native and deciduous trees. .9 - 2.6mts high. Supplying councils, developers and landscapers. Includes Acacia implexa, acacia melanoxlylon.
111 Stanhope Road Theresa Park NSW 2570
Offering a variety of sun hardy Australian natives and exotic trees, shrubs, groundcover's and perennials from semi advanced through to super advanced and semi-mature stock.