Epacris – Wholesale Nurseries Plant Profile and Landscaping Uses
Wholesale Epacris Plants are available from growers in a number of varieties. Epacris are widely used in landscaping and are suited to mass planting. Available in sizes from tubestock to 14cm and 25cm pots depending on variety and grower.
Epacris are a group of evergreen native plants sometimes called Australian Heaths. They are a tough plant with Epacris impressa being one of the more popular species.
Although promoted as garden plants,many varieties are also well suited to container growing.
- Epacris impressa is available in both pink and white flowering forms, flowering from late winter to spring. A small shrub to around 1m. This is thee floral emblem of Victoria.
- Epacris longifolia with its elongated tubular flowers will reach around 1 – 1.5m in height. Lipstick red to pink flowers with white tips.
Both species prefer a cool root run, part shade in hot climates.
- Flowering Time – Winter to Spring
- Flower Colour – White and Pink.
- Size – To 1m with a spread of .5m.
- Full sun to part afternoon shade.
- Well drained soil.
- Frost tolerant.
- Mulch to maintain a cool root run.
- Water through the first summer.
- Low phosphate fertiliser in spring.
WHOLESALE EPACRIS NURSERIES
1870 South Gippsland Hwy Cranbourne Vic 3977 - email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Growers of a wide range of native & exotic trees, shrubs, ground covers and climbers in 14cm pots Promotional & PBR Lines and garden hardy favourites. Supplying all states. www.faceysnursery.com.au
15 Falls Road Hoddles Creek Victoria 3139
phone: 59674244 fax: 59674239
Wholesale propagators specialising in Australian Native Tubestock. Our list comprises of hard to grow and pictorial lines. Monthly & Annual Forward Order catalogue. Accredited to all States.