Leucadendron Harvest is a form of Leucadendron stelligerum, masses of creamy yellow flowers with the petal margins blushed with pink to red make this a standout variety.
You could grow Leucadendron Harvest in a container, as a feature plant in the garden or use it as a low growing free flowering hedge.
Frost and drought tolerant and ease of pruning make this a low maintenance low fuss Leucadendron variety once established.
Care and Growing Conditions.
Best grown in a sunny position in a humus rich well drained soil.
Dig the soil over well before planting adding some well rotted compost and a little aged cow manure.
- Plant at the same depth as it was in the container.
- Water in with liquid seaweed fertiliser.
- Much around the plant to maintain cool root run and help suppress weeds.
- Fertilise each year with a low phosphate fertiliser.
Prune back after flowering leaving 10 kms of good foliage on each stem.
Propagation is from cuttings.
- Botanical Name – Leucadendron stelligerum Harvest
- Common Name – Leucadendron Harvest.
- Family – Proteaceae
- Position – Full sun to a little shade.
- Soil – Well drained.
- Height – To around .75m in height.
- Spread – To around .75m in width.
- Growth rate – Fast to Medium
- Foliage – Green.
- Flowers – Creamy yellow with pink to red margins.
- Flowering time – Spring to Summer.
- Frost tolerant – Yes
- Drought tolerant – Yes.