If you are looking for a colourful succulent then Echeveria West Rainbow is certainly one to consider.
This is a rosette forming succulent, and will reach around 15 cm across as it matures. The leaves are best described as having 3 colours, yellow edges, pale green centers with the new growth flushed with pink.
As with many Echeveria varieties the colour will change with the season, with the amount of sun the plant gets and also if the plant is put under stress.
This is a selected form of the well known Echeveria Perle Von Nurnberg, it will flower in spring however it is for the colorful leaves that it is grown.
We suggest growing this plant in a terracotta or ceramic pot which has good drainage holes and is not glazed on the inside.
- Free draining growing medium.
- Pot with good drainage holes
- Water when soil dries out
- Re – pot every two years
- Fertilise when repotting
- Protect from frosts and cold winds
- Provide good airflow to reduce humidity
- Good light is essential – protect from very hot sun
Propagation is by leaf cuttings.
- Family: Crassulaceae
- Subfamily: Sedoideae
- Tribe: Sedeae
- Subtribe: Sedinae
- Genus: Echeveria
- Botanical Name: Echeveria ‘Rainbow’ or Echeveria ‘West Rainbow’