An outstanding rosette forming succulent, Echeveria Pink Champagne is one in a series produced by Hyun Sook Lee in Korea. Very attractive with pinks and green to mid to deep pink foliage.
The foliage has a waxy appearance and the intensity of the colour will change depending on the season as well as the growing conditions.
Over time this is a succulent that will reach around 25 cm across (12 inches). It is slow growing however still very attractive as a smaller specimen.
Flowers are a bright orange appearing in late summer to Fall/Autumn.
A hybrid between Echeveria laui and Echeveria agavoides Romeo, five different colour are available in the Champagne series, White, Purple Red, Pink and Green, all worthy of attention.
Care and growing tips for Echeveria Pink Champagne
This is an easy care succulent and with a little effort you can have it looking in top condition year round.
- Use a free draining specialist succulent potting mix
- Choose a container designed for succulents, with a large drainage hole.
- Provide bright light through the year. In summer protect the foliage from very hot sun in the afternoon.
- Water only when the soil dries to prevent fungal problems and root rot.
- Provide protection from frosts and extreme cold.
- Re-pot every second year, using fresh potting mix.
Rather than watering the foliage which can cause marks, try watering the soil directly using a spouted watering can or squeeze bottle.