Another hybrid, Crassula ‘Jade Necklace’ has green stacked foliage that will show red leaf margins when it receives enough light. Masses of white flowers in early winter and again this is an easy care plant.
In good conditions the stems will be upright and the flowers will form as terminal clusters. This is more vigorous plant than ‘Baby’s Necklace’.
This is an easy care plant that grows well indoors. It is a larger plant than some of the other cultivars and our mind easier to grow.
A specialist cactus and succulent potting mix is required, or perhaps use a normal potting soil with around 30% pumice added.
Water as the soil drys when Crassula Jade Necklace’ is in active growth. In winter, cut back on watering, usually only watering as the leaves show signs of shrivelling.
Avoid cold damp soil as this will cause the roots to rot.
- Botanical Name – Crassula cv. Jade Necklace
- Common Name – Crassula ‘Jade Necklace’
- Family – Crassulaceae
- Origins – Hybrid between Crassula perforata and Crassula rupestris var marnieriana (Both from South Africa)
- Height – To around 30 cm.
- Spread – Clump Forming
- Growth rate – Medium.
- Position – Full sun.
- Soil – Free draining
- Flowers – Large white flowers.
- Flowering Time – Summer to Winter
- Foliage – Mid to deep green with ruby red coloured leaf margins depending on climate.
- Frost tolerant – ?
- Drought tolerant – Medium