An easy way to make your garden a feature 24 hours a day is to add some garden lighting.
Lighting in a garden can help you make the most of outdoor living spaces as well as providing safety. However garden lights can also be an important addition to garden design, viewed from both inside the home as well as from decked areas.
Being able to illuminate garden features, statues or individual plants can help make a dramatic impact in overall design.
Very popular are Bollards or Post Lighting. These are raised and are an excellent choice for driveways, paths and decks. Check for durable low maintenance materials.
In ground lights are less obtrusive during the daytime, recessed into paths, decks or even rocks many use low voltage LED technology.
Other styles include traditional Victorian post lights which are well suited to traditional formal gardens, spotlights used as feature tree lights and wall mounted lighting great for garden courtyards
Which is the best landscape lighting
We are dealing with three main choices here
- Mains or 240v lighting. This is the most efficient, brightest, and also the most costly to install and run
- Low voltage Easier installation but in general not a bright, an excellent choice for the home and cheaper to run
- Solar garden lighting
- Easiest to install and no running costs, however, for reasonable brightness you will need a battery back up and the light will not be as bright
Garden Lighting Choice
Consider the three main functions, safety, to make an outdoor or garden area more functional and useable at night and importantly as a design element when choosing.
- The safety function of garden lighting allows paths and other access areas to be sufficiently lit to allow safe and easy access to buildings and other areas of the garden.
- The functional aspect of exterior lighting is to allow nighttime use of outdoor entertain areas
- The design aspect of garden lighting can allow various elements of garden design to be lit at night to create a highlight and connectivity between indoors and outdoors.
Outdoor Lighting is available for sale from the following suppliers
SEARCH. COMPARE. SAVE. Online superstore for pond hardware. Huge range of pond pumps, filters, UV clarifiers and vacuums from all leading brands. Australia wide delivery for only $9. Comprehensive help and advice.
Australia's largest range of Pond Pumps, Filters, liner, Lights, Fountain pumps, Waterfall spillways, Pond vacuum cleaners, Pond Water Treatment. of Oase, Eden, Laguna, FloJet, Pondmate, Blagdon, Onga, Project, Fishmate and more.
470 Monbulk-Silvan Road Monbulk VIC 3793
"Guaranteed mail order flowering bulbs, perennials, roses, trees, landscaping plants, garden accessories and community fundraising Austra lia-wide."
NICK MOORE DESIGN 13 Lovejoy St Carina Qld 4152 phone: 07 33988780 fax: 07 33988767 Nick Moore Design are residential landscape design specialists. Nick’s passion for design has led to the release of a distinctive range of outdoor lighting,now available exclusively online.
GARDENS AT NIGHT
Rear 57 Rundle Street Kent Town SA 5067
phone: 08 8362 9522 fax: 08 8362 9877
Gardens at Night transforms landscapes by providing the most effective and beautiful lighting solutions to enhance outdoor living.